- New 90-second film demonstrates adjustability, poise and body control of new Range Rover Sport SVR in dramatic fashion
- Film live on Land Rover's YouTube channel from today
Land Rover has today released sensational footage of the Range Rover Sport SVR being put through its paces. In the dramatic film, Mike Cross, Chief Engineer Vehicle Integrity, Jaguar Land Rover, demonstrates the adjustability, poise and outstanding body control of the fastest and most powerful Land Rover ever produced.
Mike explains how the Range Rover Sport SVR’s sophisticated drivetrain and advanced four-wheel drive chassis technology deliver supreme high speed handling characteristics as he laps the Rockingham circuit in the UK.
The blisteringly fast SVR has been created by Jaguar Land Rover's Special Vehicle Operations team and can accelerate from 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds. Power comes from a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 petrol engine developed to produce 550PS and 680Nm of torque.
As this footage shows, the Range Rover Sport SVR takes this level of performance in its stride, displaying superb on-the-limit balance, even with its comprehensive range of electronic traction and stability aids turned off.
The dramatic footage can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dne__K3tXG4&feature=youtu.be
The video and accompanying stills images can be downloaded from www.uk.media.landrover.com
Public Relations Manager, Land Rover UK
T: 02476 564 129
M: 07795 666 169
Senior Press Officer, Land Rover UK
M: 07469 032 064
Press Officer, Land Rover UK
T: 02476 564 258
M: 07880 177 300
- Vehicle driven by professional driver on a closed circuit. Every Range Rover Sport SVR is fitted with advanced chassis control systems. During development these systems are deactivated to ensure the fundamentals of the chassis are tuned correctly. The video shows the inherent balance of the Range Rover Sport SVR chassis without the intervention of traction or stability aids.
- Jaguar Land Rover’s Special Operations team focus on delivering halo vehicles, bespoke commissions, heritage products and branded goods
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations has the responsibility within Special Operations to create a range of high performance production models for both Jaguar and Land Rover, vehicle personalisation products and low volume, high value Limited Edition models for both brands