- Jaguar’s first electric car, the I-PACE Concept, is revealed
- Land Rover Discovery makes its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show
- By 2020, half of all Jaguar Land Rover vehicles will have the option of electrification
- UK’s powertrain engineering centre will double in size to support the development of more low-emissions vehicles
Los Angeles, USA: Jaguar Land Rover has revealed its first electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE Concept, alongside the all-new Land Rover Discovery at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Jaguar Land Rover is working towards a cleaner future, with ultra-clean diesels and petrol engines, BEVs, PHEVs and MHEVs all in its strategic plans. By 2020 the company will offer customers the option of electrification on half of all its new cars, CEO Dr Ralf Speth confirmed.
The Jaguar I-PACE Concept is an electric five-seat performance car with supercar looks, sports car performance and SUV space. The production version will be revealed in later 2017 and will be on the roads in 2018 with a predicted range of more than 500km on the NEDC cycle (220 miles EPA).
Making its North American debut, the new Land Rover Discovery continues a 27-year story of innovation. Jaguar Land Rover is leading the software engineering revolution at the forefront of the shift from cogs to code, illustrated by the investment in electrical engineering which has trebled from £99m to £301m over the last five years.
Dr Ralf Speth, Jaguar Land Rover CEO, said: “Design leadership, technical innovation and engineering excellence lie at the heart of this responsible business. Both the Jaguar I-PACE Concept and the Land Rover Discovery are revolutionary vehicles and major innovations in each of their segments, sharing our compelling combination of iconic British design and creative engineering.
“We are shaping the future, developing our own approach to autonomy, connectivity and electrification to offer our customers more choice.”
Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO Jaguar Land Rover North America, said: “Jaguar Land Rover is dramatically increasing its presence in the US marketplace. Jaguar is the fastest-selling brand in America this year and Land Rover is building on sales records when we were the fastest growing luxury brand in the US in 2015.”
Last year, Jaguar Land Rover confirmed plans to double the size of its advanced engineering and design centre in the UK. This expansion will house highly skilled product development engineers and support the company’s creation of high-tech, ultra-low emissions vehicles for customers around the world.
The UK is the cornerstone of Jaguar Land Rover’s business and remains the centre of Jaguar Land Rover’s design, engineering and manufacturing capabilities. Over the past five years Jaguar Land Rover has employed more than 20,000 people, taking its workforce to almost 40,000. It has invested more than £12 billion in new product creation and capital expenditure.
Notes to editors:
- Over the past six years, Jaguar Land Rover has doubled sales and employment, more than tripled turnover, and invested more than £12 billion in new product creation and capital expenditure
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest more than £3bn in its products and facilities in Fiscal 2017
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates around 80% of its revenue from exports
For more information, please visit www.newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com or contact:
Chas Hallett, Head of Corporate PR
+ 44 (0)7469 039535